7 things to do after getting a Laser Hair Removal
- Stay in the shade: If you’re planning to take a trip to the beach or sit out by the pool to show off your newly-smoothed hair-free skin, make sure your laser hair removal treatments occur at least one week before. After laser hair removal, you should avoid sun exposure and even topical sun-free tanning products for 7 days.
- Watch the products you use on your skin: No matter where you have had laser hair removal procedures on your body, certain products you use can irritate your skin. Makeup, topical creams, and antiperspirants should be avoided only on the treated areas for 24 hours after laser hair removal.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing: Soft cotton clothing is an ideal choice when dressing in the next 48 hours after having laser hair removal on your body. Make sure it’s loose-fitting and non-binding.
- Avoid hot water: Hot water is notoriously dry for the skin, but after laser hair removal, it is even more important to avoid it. When watching your face or showering, keep the water lukewarm.
- Apply aloe vera: What should you do after laser hair removal? One of the most important things is to use aloe vera in your treatment area. It must be 100% pure without any additives.
- Wear sunscreen: Regardless of laser treatments, you should always wear sunscreen daily, even if you’re not going to bask in the sun. While you shouldn’t be hanging out in the heat and in direct sunlight for a week after your treatment, even simple tasks like getting the mail, walking to your car, or sitting near a window can expose tender skin to UV rays. Wear SPF 50 or higher at all times during daylight hours to avoid harming your skin after laser hair removal.
- Book Your Next Appointment: Laser Hair Removal works best as a series of treatments to permanently remove the hair. You can receive treatments approximately every 6 weeks.