Are you looking to shed those few stubborn extra pounds but are stuck choosing between procedures like CoolSculpting (fat freezing) or Sculpsure (fat melting)? Learn the benefits, downtime, and which is the right fit for you in this post.
Which Method is Right For You?While there are many differences in both procedures, CoolSculpting and Sculpsure have one common end goal: to destroy unwanted fat cells. But the slight difference in both treatments is the increase or decrease in temperature to achieve this effect. Both methods have seen a recent rise in popularity thanks to celebrities like The Kardashians and Real Housewife of Orange County Kelly Dodd. The FDA has deemed both treatments as safe, effective, and non-invasive, meaning you can get back to your daily life once you leave your appointment!
When To Stay CoolThe difference between melting fat and freezing fat is all in the process. CoolSculpting uses the method of targeted controlled cooling, also known as Cryolipolysis, to treat the fat cells which are frozen to crystallization, and then die. Over time, your body naturally processes the dead fat and eliminates these cells, leaving you with a more sculpted appearance. The benefits you can expect from CoolSculpting are:
- A quick session completed in under an hour
- You can relax, read or surf the internet as the gentle treatment gets to work
- Different applicators allow for precise sculpting to the thighs, flanks, arms and under chin treatment areas
- Results appear gradually in the weeks following the procedure
- The fat cells are destroyed so the results are permanent and long-lasting
When To Bring The HeatSculpsure uses heated laser energy to liquefy targeted fat cells and eliminate them. As with CoolSculpting, your body will use it’s natural elimination process to rid of these dead cells. Sculpsure was awarded approval from the FDA in 2015, so it’s a bit newer in the sculpting scene and hasn’t been approved for any facial sculpting. The benefits you can expect from Sculpsure are:
- A short and comfortable treatment – just 25 minutes
- Flat applicators for areas with less fat
- Multiple applicators can target more treatment areas at one time
- Fat cells are destroyed so results are permanent and long-lasting